Wednesday, May 20, 2020

For I Am Not Ashamed Of The Gospel, Because It Is God's Power For Salvation To Everyone Who Believes, First To The Jew, And Also To The Greek.


For I Am Not Ashamed Of The Gospel, Because It Is
God's Power For Salvation To Everyone Who Believes,
First To The Jew, And Also To The Greek.
Scripture
Romans 1
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel,  because it is God’s power for salvation to everyone who believes, first to the Jew, and also to the Greek.
Observation
When I was in high school I was not a Christian. I did not surrender my life to Christ until I was 19. I was doing things then that I am ashamed of now. I only knew one Christian on the football team (I am sure that there must have been others) and evidently I knew that this fellow was a Christian because he was not ashamed of his faith in Christ.
I don't know why and I can't remember the details, but I do remember making fun of him for his faith. It was probably because he wouldn't go drinking on the weekend and he wouldn't get drunk like a bunch of us were doing.
I don't know if it bothered him too much back then but it sure bothers me a lot now when I think about what I did. Oh, now I realize how wrong I was and just how right he was! He was not ashamed of his relationship with Jesus Christ. And I sure admire him now.
Today, I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ either. And if someone wants to make fun of me because of my faith I will wear their ridicule as a crown, hopefully just as my football buddy did way back then.
A lot of my old high school football buddies are now living for Jesus Christ. Every time I hear of an old high school friend who is now calling Jesus their Lord and Savior it makes me smile.
John 3:16-18
16 “For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. 
17 For God did not send His Son into the world that He might condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 
18 Anyone who believes in Him is not condemned, but anyone who does not believe is already condemned, because he has not believed in the name of the One and Only Son of God.
Application
I will not be ashamed of my relationship with Jesus Christ. He is my Lord and my Savior.
How about you? Would the way you are living make someone smile or frown? Only Jesus, and a personal relationship with Him will make the difference.
Luke 9:25-26
25 What is a man benefited if he gains the whole world, yet loses or forfeits himself? 
26 For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when He comes in His glory and that of the Father and the holy angels.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, don't ever let me be afraid to share my faith with those that come across my path. Thank You for helping me realize that my football buddy was so right and that I was so wrong. Thank You for giving him the strength to stand up against being made fun of for his faith and for being a witness to me even to this day, more than 50 years later. Don't let me do things that I will be ashamed of, or that will harm my testimony and that will hurt my ability to be a witness for you. I know that what I say and what I do both matter to You. And I know that my words and my actions can have eternal consequences.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 6; 2 Chronicles 3; Psalms 97; Romans 1



No comments: