Monday, May 18, 2020

May Our Lord Jesus Christ And God Our Father, Encourage Your Hearts And Strengthen You In Every Good Work And Word.


May Our Lord Jesus Christ And God Our Father,
Encourage Your Hearts And Strengthen You
In Every Good Work And Word.
Scripture
2 Thessalonians 2
16 May our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us eternal encouragement and good hope by grace, 
17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good work and word.
Observation
Encouragement! I would say that all of us need a good dose of encouragement as we are going through this difficult time of sheltering in and doing our best to avoid getting or spreading this invisible enemy that has been haunting us for the past several months. I don't know about you, but it makes me weary.
I am so glad that I have God's Word to go to every morning where I can find encouragement and hope.
Watching the news or reading what people put up on social media about this virus is sure not encouraging at all.
Application
I pray that God encourages you today and strengthens you in everything you do! I am counting on Him strengthening and encouraging me too!
How about you? Why not take a minute or two and open up God's Word and let Him speak to you today and encourage you.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You are always encouraging me. Your Word inspires me. It gives me hope. It shows me that I can have peace when the world around me is in turmoil. Your Word reminds me that You are in control when things seem out of control. I know that You have a plan for my life. All that You ask of me is for me to be obedient and live my life in a way that pleases You. And if I do then You will take care of every detail of my life. Thank You for being my shelter in the midst of this ugly storm.
I pray for anyone who may read this blog. Encourage them today. Help them to trust and rely on You.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 3; 2 Chronicles 1; Psalms 78; 2 Thessalonians 2



No comments: