Sunday, May 31, 2020

Dear Friends, Never Take Revenge. Leave That To The Righteous Anger Of God.


Dear Friends, Never Take Revenge.
Leave That
To The Righteous Anger Of God.
Scripture
Romans 12
19 Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say,
I will take revenge;
    I will pay them back,”
    says the 
Lord.
20 Instead,
If your enemies are hungry, feed them.
    If they are thirsty, give them something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap
    burning coals of shame on their heads.”
21 Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.
Observation
Have you every heard or maybe you have even said this, “I don't get mad, but I get even!” Usually we say it in jest, but sometimes, yes sometimes, if someone has really hurt us, we might not say it out loud, but we begin to do things to get even. God says, “never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God.”
What? Are you afraid that God is not going to pay them back? Never is a very strong word and it means N-E-V-E-R!
Here is warning for us, “Don't let evil conquer you, but you conquer evil by doing good.” Do you mean that I should just let it go?
Absolutely! Let God pay them back! And just keep doing good.
Application
I will forgive quickly those who have wronged me. I will not hold a grudge and I will not try to get revenge.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, guard my heart. Don't let me build up anger or bitterness towards someone else. Help me to quickly forgive when someone does me wrong. Help me to love those who have hurt me. Help me to pay them back with good deeds even if it hurts and pains me to do it because You say so!
Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 16,17,18; Romans 12



No comments: