Monday, August 18, 2014

Don’t Be Faithless Any Longer. Believe!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 26,35,36; John 20

Don’t 

Be Faithless Any Longer.

Believe!

Scripture

John 20

27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!”

28 “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.

Observation

Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe! These are good words for you and me on a Monday morning! It is time for you and for me to really BELIEVE!

Maybe it is your marriage, a broken relationship, an adult child that just doesn’t seem to understand God’s plan for his or her life, or maybe it is your dead end job or lack of a job. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!

 One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up. Luke 18:1

If you and I are not spending time with God everyday in prayer and in His Word, then I would say that we are “faithless”. 

God wants to show us His Power. He wants to work miracles. But You and I must exercise Faith. We must be in close communion with Him. 

 “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! John 15:5,7

Application

Today I will be a person of Faith. I will be praying constantly today for those around me knowing that my Father hears me.

 And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for. 1 John 5:14-15


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to walk by Faith today and not by sight.   Your Word says that it is impossible to please You without faith. And it says that anyone who wants to come to You must believe that You exist and that You reward those who sincerely seek You. Help me to sincerely seek You today. Don’t let me be “faithless”. Help me to believe! 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: