Monday, August 04, 2014

Human Effort Accomplishes Nothing.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 34; John 6

Human 

Effort 

Accomplishes Nothing.

Scripture

John 6

63 The Spirit alone gives eternal life. 

Human effort accomplishes nothing. 

And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

Observation

 Kathy and I will be going to Mission Tampa in just a few minutes. We will talk to the people that come for free food about their relationship with Jesus.
                       
When we ask them, “If you were standing at Heaven’s gate and God said why should I let you into my Heaven” most of them will answer that they are going to get in by “human effort’.

Maybe you think that if you are good enough then God will let you into Heaven. If you are thinking that then my friend you are going to be very disappointed.

You and I can’t be good enough to earn our way into Heaven.

    God saved you by his special favor when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. [9] Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. Ephesians 2:8-9

A couple of weeks ago at Mission Tampa Kathy and I had the awesome privilege of sharing Christ with people and two of them trusted in Christ as their Lord and Savior. God opened up their hearts and gave them the spiritual understanding to believe the message about Jesus.

Most of the folks that come into Mission Tampa go to church somewhere almost every Sunday.  Yet they still are trying to gain eternal life through their own effort.

If you were at Heaven’s gate and God asked you why He should let you into Heaven what would you say to Him?

Application

I will pray with Kathy before we go to Mission Tampa that God will give the people spiritual understanding so that they can be saved.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for saving me. I sure don’t deserve Eternal Life. I don’t deserve to go to Heaven. I am only getting to go because You paid the penalty for my sins through Your Son’s death on the cross and it is through Him that I have forgiveness. As I share the Gospel Message today give the people the spiritual understanding to realize their spiritual condition. Help them to see that they are lost and going to Hell and help them to see their need of Jesus as their Savior.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: