Monday, August 11, 2014

Just As I Have Loved You, You Should Love Each Other.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 7,8,9; John 13

Just As I 

Have Loved You,

You Should Love Each Other.

Scripture

John 13

34 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”

Observation

Monday! We have a week ahead of us! 

This is a very good word for each of us this week: “your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” 

Why do we have to be commanded to love one another? 

Our default is to live under the power and influence of our old nature and just in case you have forgotten what the old nature is like let me remind you of this scripture: 

19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Galatians 5:19-21a

People without a personal relationship with Jesus Christ only have the old nature so you and I can’t expect them to live out John 13:34. 

But you and I are commanded to “love one another”! It is not optional! 

25 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. Galatians 5:25

Application

I will strive to live out John 13:34 this week with those around me. How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me love the people around me in a way that pleases You. Don’t let me give in to my old nature. Help me to follow Your Spirit’s leading in every part of my life.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: