Friday, August 08, 2014

I Knew You Before I Formed You In Your Mother’s Womb


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 1,2; John 10



Knew You

Before I Formed You In Your Mother’s Womb

Scripture

Jeremiah 1

“I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.

    Before you were born I set you apart

    and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”

Observation

It is mind boggling to think God knew me before my Mom and Dad even thought about getting together to have me. He knew me before He even created this planet Earth. This passage reminds me of what God says in Psalm 139

    [1] O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.  [13] You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. [14] Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—and how well I know it. [15] You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. [16] You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!

This truth about how much God loves us goes right along with John 10 that was also part of today’s Bible reading. Jesus says, “10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.

 Application

I will thank my God for giving me a rich and satisfying life! How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous. Now … search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. (Psalm 139:23-24)

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: