Thursday, August 07, 2014

This Happened So The Power Of God Could Be Seen In Him


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Zephaniah 1,2,3; John 9

This Happened

So The Power Of God

Could Be Seen In Him

Scripture

John 9

“It was not because of his sins or his parents’ sins,” Jesus answered. “This happened so the power of God could be seen in him. We must quickly carry out the tasks assigned us by the one who sent us. The night is coming, and then no one can work. But while I am here in the world, I am the light of the world.”

Jesus…I am the light of the world

Observation

This man was born blind. When Jesus passed by him his disciples questioned Jesus about why the man was blind. They believed that the blindness was because of sin.

There is a blindness that is caused by sin – spiritual blindness.

People who can’t see Jesus surround us! They are spiritually blind.

You and I …are the light of the world—like a city on a mountain, glowing in the night for all to see. [15] Don't hide your light under a basket! Instead, put it on a stand and let it shine for all. [16] In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father. Matthew 5:14-16

When the people around us place their faith and trust in Jesus Christ the power of God is seen in them too!

Application

I will not give up praying for those around me who are spiritually blind. How about you?  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You have allowed me the awesome privilege of having a personal relationship with You. You saved me so that I could be a light to those around me. You saved me for a purpose. Help me to shine for You. Don’t let me do stupid sins that would keep someone from seeing Jesus in me. Help me to be a light for those around me who need Jesus. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: