Sunday, August 24, 2014

And Who Can Win This Battle Against The World?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 33,34; Psalms 74; 1 John 5

And Who Can Win

This Battle Against 

The World?

Scripture

1 John 5

For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith.
And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

21 Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God’s place in your hearts.

Observation

Today I am teaching a Bible lesson from Daniel 7 dealing with the end times. As I read 1 John 5 I was encouraged by what I read. Maybe it will encourage you too.

I know that things as we know it here in the United States are fixing to rapidly change. The terror that is experienced on a daily basis in most of the world is coming our way. It is coming. Scripture does not teach that we in America will escape the evil forces of this world.

As bad as that sounds and as bad as it will be for our country there is victory for those of us who believe that Jesus in the Son of God.

So how should you and I live in light of all that is coming our way?

We should keep away from anything that might take God’s place in our hearts.

And we should set our minds and our hearts to doing the same ministry that Jesus did when He walked this earth. 

 Application

I will focus on the people that God brings across my path today and their needs.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am confident that You hear me whenever I ask for anything that pleases You.  And since I know You hear me when I make my requests, I also know that You will give me what I ask for. (1 John 5:14-15) 

I pray for Pastor Bruce today. I pray that You empower him to preach Your Word and I pray for Your Holy Spirit to work in our hearts as we hear Your Word proclaimed. You are Worthy of Praise!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: