Monday, August 25, 2014

Live A Life Of Love


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 37,38,39; Psalms 79; 2 John

Live 

A Life

Of Love

Scripture

2 John

And love means living the way God commanded us to live. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is this: Live a life of love.

Observation

Love is always a choice. If someone says, “I just don’t love him or her anymore” what that person is really saying is, “I have decided not to love him or her anymore.” 

When we decide not to love someone it is as smart as choosing to drink poison thinking that it is going to kill the person who we dislike. Choosing not to love someone hurts us more than anyone else. We are commanded to love. If loving people were an easy thing to do then God wouldn’t have had to make it a command. Think about it!

A very, very close friend told me one time that he didn’t love his wife anymore. I had no sympathy. My response to him was, "too bad my friend she is your wife". She is the one you married. Love her. 

They are now happily married and God is using them every week to help couples deal with their troubled marriages. Love is our choice. It is also a command to obey. 

Kathy chooses to love me even when I am not loveable (which is quite often). I am so glad that I am married to both a godly and a beautiful woman. 

You and I are commanded to live a life of love. The decision, the choice is ours to make. 

Do you need to forgive someone this week?  Who needs to be reminded this week that they are loved.

Application

I will look for ways to show my love to those around me.

 Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to really love those around me. Help me to be more concerned for others than I am for myself. I pray for couples who are struggling with the idea of loving one another. Show them how to love. Thank You for loving me. I don’t deserve it. You are a God of grace and mercy. Give me Your heart today for those around me. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: