Sunday, August 10, 2014

Anyone Who Wants To Serve Me Must Follow Me


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 5,6; John 12

Anyone 

Who Wants To Serve Me 

Must Follow Me

Scripture

John 12

25 Those who love their life in this world will lose it. Those who care nothing for their life in this world will keep it for eternity.
 
26 Anyone who wants to serve me must follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And the Father will honor anyone who serves me.

Observation

I have someone at church that is always asking for a position of leadership and I continue to tell him that he needs to serve before he can lead. This has gone on now for several years and he has not caught on yet!

I try (so far in vain) to explain to him that if he will faithfully serve in some area, no matter how small then God could possibly elevate him to a place of leadership. 

Where are you serving? Are you faithful? 

Are we serving without worrying about getting any credit or any recognition?  

I realize that I am writing this on Saturday night. Tonight I read my Sunday Bible reading on Saturday night because I need time in the morning to go over my Sunday School lesson. We are studying the book of Daniel on Sunday mornings at 9am in Y-102 (Building D) if you want to join us. 

Tomorrow I have the opportunity to serve God by serving people. I am looking forward to it. How about you?  

Application

 I will pray for all of our young leaders and I will ask God to use them for His honor and His glory to grow our church. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray right now for our leadership team. I pray for every person who will humbly and faithfully serve Your people at our church tomorrow. Use them to transform lives. I pray that people will be saved as they hear Your Word proclaimed in all of our worship service. Use Pastor Bruce to speak to us. Bless his family as he faithfully leads us. You are Worthy of our Praise!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: