Thursday, August 28, 2014

Change Your Hearts And Do What You Did At First


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Ezekiel 1,2,3; Revelation 2

Change Your

Hearts

And Do What You Did At First

Scripture

Revelation 2

“But I have this against you: You have left the love you had in the beginning. So remember where you were before you fell. Change your hearts and do what you did at first.

Observation

Unless you and I work hard to maintain the relationships with those we love those relationships will suffer and we will drift apart.

Love fades.

Our relationship with Jesus Christ can suffer the same kind of drift especially once we let sin creep into our lives.

I am watching some people drift away who were once very excited about their relationship with the Lord. I am praying for them and looking for an opportunity to speak to them about their spiritual condition.

Love fades.

Is your marriage suffering? Has your love for Jesus grown cold?

Here is the remedy: change your hearts and do what you did at first!

Application

I will strive to not let either of my two most important relationships fade or drift. I will let both the Lord and Kathy know how much I love them today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t let me drift away from You. Help me to love You with all my heart and all of my soul. Don’t let me let my love for You fade. Help me today love Kathy in a way that brings honor and glory to You. It is our desire for our marriage to be a reflection of our relationship with You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: