Friday, August 29, 2014

I Correct And Punish Those Whom I Love


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Ezekiel 4,5,6,7; Revelation 3

I Correct

And Punish

Those Whom I Love

Scripture

Revelation 3

19 “I correct and punish those whom I love. So be eager to do right, and change your hearts and lives. 

20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and eat with you, and you will eat with me.

Observation

God loves us just the way we are, but He loves us too much to leave us just like we are.

Are you going through a time of correction right now? Are you going through difficult times in your life? It is possible that God is trying to get your attention! Whether or not what we are going through is for our correction or just a rough time … these are times to draw close to the Lord!

Looking back on the most difficult times of our lives Kathy and I would both have to say that it was during those terrible times we were the closest to the Lord. I am sure that we were receiving some correction and discipline during some of those difficult times.

God knows how to get our attention!

I like how the Living Bible states these two verses:

19 I continually discipline and punish everyone I love; so I must punish you unless you turn from your indifference and become enthusiastic about the things of God.
20 “Look! I have been standing at the door, and I am constantly knocking. If anyone hears me calling him and opens the door, I will come in and fellowship with him and he with me.
 
Application

I will strive to be enthusiastic about the things of God today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t let me drift away from you. I don’t want to be indifferent towards You. I want to be enthusiastic about the things that matter to You. Give me Your heart and mind today. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: