Wednesday, August 13, 2014

When I Discovered Your Words, I Devoured Them. They Are My Joy And My Heart’s Delight.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 13,14,15; John 15

When I Discovered Your Words,

I Devoured Them.

They Are My Joy And My Heart’s Delight.

Scripture

Jeremiah 15

16 When I discovered your words, I devoured them.
    They are my joy and my heart’s delight,
for I bear your name,
    O Lord God of Heaven’s Armies.

Observation

        … I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food. Job 23:12

Wow! Lord, give me a desire for Your Word like Jeremiah and Job had! 

But if you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon. MESSAGE John 15:7

Did we take time to open up God’s Word today? Did we devour it? 

Was it our heart’s delight and was it our joy?

Why … Why not? 

 Application

Open my eyes to see wonderful things in your Word. Psalm 119:18 Living Bible

Prayer

Heavenly Father, open my eyes to see wonderful things in your Word. I am but a pilgrim here on earth: how I need a map—and your commands are my chart and guide.  Nothing is perfect except your words.  Oh, how I love them. I think about them all day long.  Your words are a flashlight to light the path ahead of me and keep me from stumbling.  O Lord, listen to my prayers; give me the common sense you promised. Psalm 119:18-19,96-97,105,169 Living Bible

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: