Sunday, August 03, 2014

Would You Like To Get Well?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Nahum 1,2,3; John 5

Would 

You 

Like To Get Well? 

Scripture

John 5

Crowds of sick people—blind, lame, or paralyzed—lay on the porches. One of the men lying there had been sick for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him and knew he had been ill for a long time, he asked him, “Would you like to get well?”

Observation

There were crowds of sick people –blind, lame, or paralyzed- lying around that pool and all of them wanted to get well. Superstition had it that when the waters started moving about then the first one in the water got healed. This man had been crippled for 38 years and he told Jesus that he could never reach the water because he didn’t have someone that could help him when those waters started to move.

Jesus asked the crippled man, “Do you want to get well?” It seems obvious to us that the man would have wanted to get well, but I think the question goes deeper than that. Jesus was looking at the man’s heart when He asked the man this question.

Later after healing this man Jesus found him in the temple and Jesus told the man to stop sinning or something worse would happen to him!

So many people around us are sick. They are spiritually sick. They need for us to ask them this question, “would you like to get well?” So many of them are tired of living the life of sin, but they don’t have anyone that will confront them … they need Jesus!

I remember when I heard the Good News of Jesus Christ and I repented and turned to Him. I was so glad to leave my old way of living.

People around us are spiritually blind, spiritually crippled, they are paralyzed … they need Jesus!

Application

I will look for the opportunity to share the Good News of Jesus Christ today. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am no different than everyone around me except that I have been rescued from a life of self-destruction. Those around me need Jesus just like I did before He found me. He came and found me. He pursued me. Help me not to be ashamed of the Gospel of Christ. It is the only thing that can transform those around me. Jesus is what they need. Help me to share my faith.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: