Sunday, August 17, 2014

It Is Finished


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 23,24,25; John 19

It

Is 

Finished

Scripture

John 19

28 Jesus knew that his mission was now finished, and to fulfill Scripture he said, “I am thirsty.” 29 A jar of sour wine was sitting there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put it on a hyssop branch, and held it up to his lips. 30 When Jesus had tasted it, he said, “It is finished!” Then he bowed his head and released his spirit.

Observation

Jesus had finished His purpose, His mission was complete, and so He bowed His head and released His Spirit.

What had He done to finish His mission? Here are a few things that I can think of and I am sure that you can add to this list:

  1. He fulfilled the prophetic scriptures about the Messiah.
  2. He lived a perfect life.
  3. He performed signs and wonders.
  4. He taught and trained His disciples.
  5. He suffered on the cross.
  6. You can add more I am sure!

One day soon He is coming back for me and I hope that He is coming back for you!

 Application

I will strive to die to self today.

    I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

 Prayer

Heavenly Father, would You help me live out Galatians 2:20 today. Give me the strength to die to self and put You and everyone else first today!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: