Friday, August 01, 2014

I Am Filled With Joy At His Success


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Isaiah 65,66; Psalms 62; John 3



Am Filled With 

Joy At His Success

Scripture

John 3

29b…Therefore, I am filled with joy at his success. 30 He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.

Observation

Someone asked me the other day if I was happy with what God was doing at Christ Fellowship. I told him that I was delighted at what God was doing through the leadership of Pastor Bruce Moore and full of joy over what God is doing at our church. 

When I began serving Christ in the early 1970’s my ministry started under the leadership of Pastor Bruce’s Dad, Dr. Waylon B. Moore. What is happening at Christ Fellowship now reminds me of those days under Bro. Moore.

I learned a huge truth while under Waylon Moore’s leadership that has helped me throughout my entire ministry and helps me even in my old age today. You want to know what it is?

You may not like it. Still want to know? Okay, here it is!

The more successful you make your boss (or your senior pastor in my case) the more successful you will be!

I told you that you might not like it!

It is a kingdom principle. Why not put it into practice where you work starting today!


Application

I will do everything I can to help Pastor Bruce successfully lead our church. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me the humility of John the Baptist or better yet give me the humility of Your Son Jesus Christ. Help me to put the needs of other people above my own. Help me to focus on their success. I thank You for the leaders in our church. Help them lead us with the humility and sincerity of Christ. Give them the wisdom and the ability to lead so that they make the ministry of Pastor Bruce successful. Help them to apply this truth. Help them to be successful. Keep them away from stupid sins that take them away from what You have called them to do. Be glorified in and through each one of them today. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: