Tuesday, August 19, 2014

“What About Him, Lord?”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 45,46,47; Psalms 105; John 21

“What 

About Him,

Lord?”

Scripture

John 21

Then Jesus told him, “Follow me.”

20 Peter turned around and saw behind them the disciple Jesus loved—the one who had leaned over to Jesus during supper and asked, “Lord, who will betray you?” 21 Peter asked Jesus, “What about him, Lord?”

22 Jesus replied, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? As for you, follow me.”
 
Observation

Have you ever been listening to the pastor preach on Sunday morning and he says something that you think the person next to you really needed to hear and you give them an elbow to make sure that they heard and got the point. Or maybe you are listening to your pastor preach and you think to yourself I really wish so and so was here because they really needed to hear that! Don’t worry … we all do this!

Jesus is focusing in on you and me this morning in this story. We can’t get the attention off of us as Peter tried to do when he asked, “What about him, Lord?”

You and I are to follow Jesus. Today and for the rest of our lives we are to follow Him.

Right now … He is saying to us, “Follow me.” Will we say “yes” to Him?


Application

Today I know that Jesus is speaking to me. Yes, I will follow Him. How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I will seek Your kingdom first today and Your righteousness. I will follow You. I will try my best not to worry about what everybody else is doing or not doing. I know this morning that You are speaking to me. I pray for the family of Lois Conner today as they grieve. She brought You a lot of glory and honor with how she lived her life. I know that she made You smile.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: