Saturday, August 18, 2018

But In My Distress I Cried Out To The Lord; Yes, I Prayed To My God For Help.


But In My Distress
I Cried Out To The Lord;
Yes, I Prayed To My God For Help.
Scripture
Psalm 18
1 I love you, Lord;
    you are my strength.

2 The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
    my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.

He is my shield, the power that saves me,
    and my place of safety.

3 I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
    and he saved me from my enemies.
6 But in my distress I cried out to the Lord;
    yes, I prayed to my God for help.
Observation
I just found out that one of the men in our men's small group got laid off from his job this past week. 
It made me sad when I heard this from him. 
He loved what he did and he took his job very seriously. He took pride in doing a very good job. As I read Psalm 18 I immediately thought of my friend and his difficult situation. 
So I am writing this and I hope that he will take time to read this blog. Psalm 18 is a great Psalm for my friend to read and to hold on to as he cries out to God for help. 
Of course, I can think of a lot of other scriptures that my friend can hold on to while he waits on God to show him what his next job will be. 
Maybe you can think of some verses that would be helpful for him too. If You put a verse in the comment section and I will make sure that he sees them.
Philippians 4:6-7,19
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. … And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:28
28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
Application
I will pray for my friend, asking my God to supply him with just the right job to be able to take care of his family.
How about you? Who are you praying for?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for my friend and I ask that you provide a job for him that will take care of his family. I pray that he finds one close to where he lives so he doesn't have to travel out of town to work. Show him that he can depend and trust in You. May this be a time of spiritual growth for he and his wife.
I pray for others that are going through difficult times. Help them to remember that “In your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall.” Psalm 18:29
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 26,35,36; John 20; I added Psalm 18, Psalm 38, Proverbs 18



No comments: