Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Our People Must Learn To Do Good By Meeting The Urgent Needs Of Others


Our People Must Learn To Do Good
By Meeting
The Urgent Needs Of Others
Scripture
Titus 3
14 Our people must learn to do good by meeting the urgent needs of others; then they will not be unproductive.
Observation
Doing good deeds, good works, meeting the urgent needs of others, although it is true that none of this helps me or you get into Heaven, it sure will help someone else see Jesus in us!
Ephesians 2:8-10, “For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God’s gift—not from works, so that no one can boast. For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them.”
You and I are to be the “welcome mat” into the Kingdom of God - inviting others to come to faith in Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ saved us not just so we get to go to Heaven when we die. No, Jesus saved us so that others might see Jesus in us, through the good works that He calls us to do.
Pastor Brian Elliott and Pastor Bruce Moore have both told us, “There are no random people in our lives.” God has strategically placed people in our lives so that they also have the opportunity to know Jesus as Lord and Savior.
Telling people about Jesus is important and absolutely necessary, but so is living a life of good works in front of them.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in Heaven.” Matthew 5:16
Application”
I will look for ways to help those who God has brought into my life.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to be a “welcome mat” and not a “stumbling block” to those that You bring into my life. Show me, prompt me, don't let me miss an opportunity to do something for someone else. I know that is why I am still here on planet Earth. Put on my heart the person that You want me to help.
Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 1,2,3; Revelation 2; I added: Psalm 28, Psalm 58, Proverbs 28; Titus 3



No comments: