Friday, August 17, 2018

The Lord Directs The Steps Of The Godly. He Delights In Every Detail Of Their Lives.


The Lord Directs The Steps Of The Godly.
He
Delights In Every Detail Of Their Lives.
Scripture
Psalm 37
23 The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
    He delights in every detail of their lives.
24 Though they stumble, they will never fall,
    for the Lord holds them by the hand.
25 Once I was young, and now I am old.
    Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned
    or their children begging for bread.
Observation
Psalm 37:23 is fascinating to me!
To think that my God, who created this entire Universe could delight in every detail of my life really blows my mind, but it is true.
So now maybe you are thinking, “So what would it take for God to delight in every detail of my life?” If you would like for God to delight in every detail of your life, then maybe this question needs to be thought through and answered, “How can I be the godly person that God would take delight in?”
The life of an Old Testament Bible character found in the book of Genesis might help us better understand the meaning of the word “godly”.
Do you remember a guy named Enoch? In Genesis 5:23 we read that Enoch walked in close fellowship with God and in Hebrews 11:5 we read that he was a person who pleased God. (God delighted in him so much that God didn't even let Enoch die – God just took him up to Heaven!)
If we do the two things that Enoch did then I think we can count on God delighting in every detail of our life!
By the way, it does not mean that must be perfect. It does not mean that we will not sin. But a godly person will confess his or her sin as they commit them, they will repent, and they will return to walking in close fellowship with God so their lives are pleasing to Him.
So what sin is keeping us from being the godly person that God created us to be?
Application

I will walk in obedience so that I can please the Lord.


How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, Oh, if I could just live my life in a way that pleased You so much that You would just take me straight up to Heaven! And I know that is the way I am supposed to live my life. I can't even imagine that You love me so much that You not only keep up with what is going on in my life but that You delight in the details of what is going on. My life doesn't seem that exciting, but I am thankful that You love me that much. Help me to stay away from stupid sins that mess up our relationship and that mess up my relationship with everybody else.
I pray for those who are struggling with addictions and with sin that they can't get victory over. Give them victory. Help them walk close to You. Rescue them from a life of destruction and misery. Help them to live in a way that pleases You.
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 23,24,25; John 19; I added: Psalm 17, Psalm 37; Proverbs 17



No comments: