Wednesday, August 15, 2018

I Have Given Them Your Word.


I
Have Given Them
Your Word.
Scripture
John 17
14 I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. 
Observation
Are you a weak, anemic Christian? Yes or No?
In the Lord's prayer, which is really found in John 17 not Matthew 6 (in Matthew 6 we have Jesus giving us a model prayer, but in John 17 we have Jesus actually praying for us), but in His prayer one of the things that He mentions to His Father is that He gave His disciples God's Word.
God's Word, spending time in God's Word, knowing God's Word, memorizing God's Word, guarding God's Word in our hearts, that is what makes us strong as believers in Jesus Christ.
I am afraid that too many of us think that by receiving a verse a day via a text message on our smart phone or a verse a day via an email, that we are in God's Word.
If that is where you find yourself, or worse yet, maybe you are not even getting a verse a day, then may I suggest that you up your game and start digging into the Word of God!
Nothing will be more life changing than spending time alone with God is His Word. I know that for a fact!
For the Word that God speaks is alive and active; it cuts more keenly than any two-edged sword: it strikes through to the place where soul and spirit meet, to the innermost intimacies of a man’s being: it exposes the very thoughts and motives of a man’s heart” (Hebrews 4:12).
Don't know where to begin?
I suggest that you start reading the Gospel of John, then Mark, and Psalms and Proverbs. Don't read too much each day, maybe a half a chapter then think about what you read, meditate on it all day long.
Keep a journal or maybe even write a blog if you really want to retain more of God's Word each day!
Application
I will think about John 17 all day today!
How about you? Are you taking time to read God's Word each day?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I love what Jesus says in John 17. He prayed for me. He looks forward to me being in Heaven with Him where I get to see and experience all that He has prepared for me. It is more than I can even comprehend. Help me to intercede for others like Jesus did for me.
There are so many people who I need to pray for Lord. I pray for the sick. I pray for those waiting for medical test reports to come back. I pray for those who are dealing with life threatening diseases. I pray for those who have lost loved ones. I especially pray for Dottie, Amy, Nancy, and Rob in the loss of their Mom, Bert Groover yesterday. Comfort them. I also pray for those who are struggling in their marriage. Help them to work through the issues and not give up. And I pray for those facing surgery and procedures today. Use the doctors to heal them. Nothing is too hard for You!
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 18,19,20; Psalms 93; John 17



No comments: