Saturday, August 25, 2018

My Problems Go From Bad To Worse Oh, Save Me From Them All!


My Problems Go From Bad To Worse
Oh,
Save Me From Them All!
Scripture
Psalm 25
16 Turn to me and have mercy,
    for I am alone and in deep distress.
17 My problems go from bad to worse.
    Oh, save me from them all!
18 Feel my pain and see my trouble.
    Forgive all my sins.
Psalm 55
16 But I will call on God,
    and the Lord will rescue me.
17 Morning, noon, and night
    I cry out in my distress,
    and the Lord hears my voice.
Observation
King David had a lot of “terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days!
Maybe you and I can learn from him how to deal with life … especially when life clobbers us with one bad thing right after another.
I was talking to someone in my family yesterday and she has been dealing with health issues, one right after another, with no break.
It was a reminder to me that we are all going to have some “Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days” and when we go through these trials, hardships, and difficulties we need to do exactly what King David did.
King David cried out to the Lord and he let the Lord know just how he felt. He then cried out to the Lord and pleaded for His help. His confidence was always in the Lord. And the Lord answered his prayers.
All of us have some prayer requests that we have been praying and praying and praying for and we have been waiting and waiting and waiting … but God has not yet answered our prayers. What should we do?
We should just keep praying … we should never give up!
Luke 18:1
One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up.
John 16:33
I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.
Application

I am praying for some folks who are going through some very tough times right now.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for dear friends of ours whose Mother just passed away. We know that she is not suffering any more and she is now with Jesus. Comfort her family Lord as they go through this time of loss. I pray for a family member and a friend who are both going through difficulties with their health. I pray for healing.
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 37,38,39; Psalms 79; 2 John; I added Psalm 25, Psalm 55 Proverbs 25



No comments: