Sunday, August 05, 2018

Listen To My Voice In The Morning, Lord. Each Morning I Bring My Requests To You And Wait Expectantly.


Listen To My Voice In The Morning,
Lord.
Each Morning I Bring My Requests To You And Wait Expectantly.
Scripture
Psalm 5
3 Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
    Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.
Observation
I don't know about you but waiting is not something that I normally like to do! Like having to wait in a drive thru at a fast food restaurant … it drives me crazy! And road rage is proof that others don't like waiting either!
But there is one type of waiting that over the years I have grown to love – waiting on the Lord. Each morning I get up, dig into God's Word, share with Him the things that are on my heart, and I wait expectantly for Him to speak to me!
If you get up every morning and spend time with the Lord in His Word then you know exactly what I am talking about. If you don't stop and spend time with God everyday then you probably think what I just shared is a little weird.
I read about King Josiah this morning and what happened when he started reading the Word of God. It radically changed his life!
In 2 Kings 23:25 we read, “Never before had there been a king like Josiah, who turned to the Lord with all his heart and soul and strength, obeying all the laws of Moses. And there has never been a king like him since.”
Let's open up God's Word today and wait expectantly!
Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.”
Psalm 116:2
Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!
Philippians 1:4
Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of YOU with joy,
Application
I am bringing my requests to the Lord, and I will wait expectantly!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I am reminded again today just how important it is to start out every single day by first spending time with You. I pray for those that may read this blog today. Help them to slow down long enough to wait expectantly for You to speak to them. Encourage them today Lord. May Your Word radically change their life like it did for King Josiah.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 23; 2 Chronicles 35; John 7; I added: Psalm 5, Psalm 35; Proverbs 5



No comments: