Monday, August 20, 2018

May His Face Smile With Favor On Us.


May
His Face
Smile With Favor On Us.
Scripture
Psalm 67
1 May God be merciful and bless us.
    May his face smile with favor on us.
Observation
If there is one thing for sure that you and I need this week it is for God to smile on us!
If God does smile with favor on us this week it will only be because of His mercy and His loving kindness.
God is good. All the time!
You and I don't deserve God's kindness. We don't deserve God's love. We don't deserve His mercy.
Okay … how do we make God smile … how can we cause His face to smile with favor on us?
Actually, it is pretty easy – obey Him - put Him and His kingdom first this week … make Him and spending time with Him be our number one priority!
One of our young people (our church is full of young people!) told me yesterday while I was talking to her after church, “I came under conviction that I needed to get back to reading God's Word every day so I have started a 'read the Bible through in a year reading plan'.”
I know that her decision, her commitment to get back into God's Word made God smile! May God's face smile with favor on her as she faithfully does what she has promised God that she is going to do!
Being a man or a woman after God's own heart, that is what makes our God smile with favor on us!
What needs to change in my life this week, what needs to change in your life this week to cause God's face to smile with favor on us?
Numbers 6:24-26
24 ‘May the Lord bless you
    and protect you.
25 May the Lord smile on you
    and be gracious to you.
26 May the Lord show you his favor
    and give you his peace.’
Application
I plan to live out this week in a way that makes God smile.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me live out this week in a way that makes You smile. Don't let me do stupid sins that mess up my relationship with You and that mess up my relationship with those around me. Help me to walk in obedience this week. Guide my steps. Keep me walking in the right direction.
I pray for any person that may read this blog. Help them to live out this week in a way that makes You smile. Numbers 6:24-26 is my prayer for them: “May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.”
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 48,49; Psalms 67; 1 John 1



No comments: