Wednesday, August 08, 2018

I Knew You Before I Formed You In Your Mother's Womb.


I Knew You
Before
I Formed You In Your Mother's Womb.
Scripture
Jeremiah 1
5 “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.
    Before you were born I set you apart
    and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”

Observation
From an unborn child in a mother's womb to the very fragile elderly person that is living the last days of his or her life here on earth … all ... are to be highly valued. Why?
Because each and every person on this planet was created by God, by a God who loves them, and by a God who made every human being in His image.
So what can you and I do when we live in a culture that doesn't seem to care about life at either end of the spectrum?
I say that you and I can be different. You and I can care about the unborn and we can care about the elderly. We can support our pregnancy care centers. We can visit and care for the elderly. We can help ministries that care for orphans and foster children. We can support leaders who have our same values.
Psalm 139 says it best, “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered!”
Let's make a difference in someone's life today!

Application
I will do something special for a shut-in this week.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, we live in a broken world, a world that doesn't seem to care about life and that doesn't seem to care very much about You. I know that is why You have chosen me to be one of Your children. And I know that You expect Your followers to be a light in all this darkness that surrounds us. Help me to be a light. Give me Your heart for people – all people. Don't let me grow cold and indifferent to the needs of those around me ... from the yet to be born to those who are close to death, give me Your love and compassion for all of them.
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 1,2; John 10



No comments: