Tuesday, August 07, 2018

“Why Was This Man Born Blind? Was It Because Of His Own Sins Or His Parents' Sins?”


Why Was This Man Born Blind?
Was It Because Of His Own Sins
Or His Parents' Sins?”
Scripture
John 9
1 As Jesus was walking along, he saw a man who had been blind from birth. 
2 “Rabbi,” his disciples asked him, “why was this man born blind? Was it because of his own sins or his parents’ sins?”
3 “It was not because of his sins or his parents’ sins,” Jesus answered. “This happened so the power of God could be seen in him.
Observation
Why? ... Why? ... Why?
On this side of Heaven there a lot of things that we are never going to understand; we are never going to know why they happened.
Some things we can see, happened as a direct result of someone's sinful behavior or negligence, like a drunk driver crashing a car and killing someone, or a small toddler opening a door and drowning in a swimming pool, but there are so many other tragedies that we see that have no human explanation. We just shake our heads.
But then there are stories that we hear about or that we get to personally experience where the power of God is clearly put on display!
This story in John 9 was one of those moments!
It is all about a man born blind, not because of his sin or the sin of his parents, but he was born blind so Jesus could heal him and the power of God could be put on display!
Yesterday's blog was all about faith, trusting in God and in His goodness, no matter what we face.
And again today's blog is all about faith, trusting in God and in His goodness, even if and even when, we don't understand why something has happened to us or something has happened to someone we love!
Application
I will trust God's heart when I can't see God's hand in something that has happened in life, something that I just cannot understand.
How about you?
Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.

6 Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I would love to see things from Your perspective, but I know that if I did then I would not have to trust You and my life would not be a life of faith. I know that You are constantly working in the lives of the people around me. I know that you are at work in the lives of those I pray for. I also know that You are on my side. You are my help in times of trouble.
I do want to see people's lives changed. I want to see them follow You and living abundant lives – lives full of purpose and meaning. It breaks my heart to see those close to me destroying themselves with selfish living, driven by the passions of this world. Set them free Lord. Set them free.
Daily Bible Reading: Zephaniah 1,2,3; John 9



No comments: