Thursday, August 23, 2018

I Am The Lord, The God Of All The Peoples Of The World. Is Anything Too Hard For Me?


I Am The Lord,
The God Of All The Peoples Of The World.
Is Anything Too Hard For Me?
Scripture
Jeremiah 32
27 I am the Lord, the God of all the peoples of the world. Is anything too hard for me?
Observation

One of the many things that I love about Kathy is her belief in Eddy - yes - “me”. She actually believes that her husband can fix anything.

At least that is what she has been constantly telling me for the past 48, almost 49 years!

And even though I know that her belief is not even close to being true, just her saying that I can and her bragging on me all the time, it makes me feel like I can fix anything!

Kathy was taught by two very godly women: Dr. Clemmie Moore and Patsy Hartwig.

Among many other things they taught her to praise her husband rather than nag at him! Wow, I am so glad that she learned to do that early in our marriage!

But the truth is, even though Kathy makes me feel like I am a genius and a superman, there are plenty of things that I can't fix!

Oh, and by the way, Kathy also realizes that she is married to a sinner!

And she has learned to depend on God rather than on me to meet the deep needs in her life that only God can satisfy. Nobody knows better than Kathy that I am not God. She has seen me at my worst!

I say all of that to say this, “We serve a God who can fix anything!” And … He is the One who we must go to when things get impossible, because for Him nothing is “impossible”!

What are you facing today – take it to the Lord – because nothing is too hard for Him!

Application
I will take all of my impossibles to the Lord today.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for bringing godly people into our lives when we first got married. Thank You for showing us early in our marriage that we had to put You first. Thank You for giving me such a wonderful wife. Help her to always believe that I can fix anything even though You and I know that I can't.
I pray for people that are struggling with impossible situations today. Help them to turn those impossible situations over to You.
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 31,32; 1 John 4



No comments: