Sunday, August 26, 2018

You Keep Track Of All My Sorrows. You Have Collected All My Tears In Your Bottle. You Have Recorded Each One In Your Book.


You Keep Track Of All My Sorrows.
You Have Collected All My Tears In Your Bottle.
You Have Recorded Each One In Your Book.
Scripture
Psalm 56
8 You keep track of all my sorrows.
    You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
    You have recorded each one in your book.

9 My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help.
    This I know: God is on my side!

10 I praise God for what he has promised;
    yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised.

11 I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
    What can mere mortals do to me?

Observation
This I know: God is on my side! Can you say that?
My friend, when doubts flood your mind it is a good thing to know that God is on your side. Trust me there will be days or nights where you will find yourself flooded with doubts and fear.
The enemy can't read my mind but he sure seems to be able to flood my mind with doubts. No, I don't doubt my salvation – I know that God has taken care of that issue. I know without a doubt that I am going to go to Heaven the moment I die.
No, the doubts that sneak into my head, especially during the middle of the night, are doubts about whether God will take care of us in the future.
Last night for instance, I was awake at 3:50 am and all kinds of thoughts were running through my big head and none of them helped me get back to sleep.
Where do these thoughts come from? They are sure not from my Heavenly Father.
Finally, I took control of those thoughts because I knew that my God wants me to trust Him and not be afraid. I really do know that my future is in His hands. I know that He loves me. He is on my side. So why should I be afraid? I know that He has always taken care of me.
So I will hold on to what King David said in Psalm 56! “I praise God for what He has promised, yes, I praise God for what He has promised. My God keeps track of all my sorrows. He collects all of my tears in His bottle. He has recorded each one of them in His book.”
Maybe this will helpful to you.
Application
My application comes from Psalm 56:3 “But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you.”
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I don't know why I bother to worry about anything. I do know that You are taking care of me. You have always taken care of me and I know that You will continue to take care of me. I know that fear is a lack of faith. Help me to always walk by faith and not by sight. So this morning I am holding on to all of Your promises. You are 100% faithful and You will keep each one of them. I pray for any person that may be reading this blog today. Help them to also walk by faith. Don't let them be afraid of what lies ahead. You are the good good Father. You know exactly what we need and what we don't.
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 50,51; 3 John; I added Psalm 26, Psalm 56; Proverbs 26



No comments: