Sunday, August 12, 2018

I Am Leaving You With A Gift – Peace Of Mind And Heart.


I Am Leaving You
With A Gift –
Peace Of Mind And Heart.
Scripture
John 14
27 “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
Observation
Here is a gift from God that I don't want you to miss!
In a world filled with stress, and sorrow, this gift is worth its weight in gold! 'Peace of mind and heart' – is a gift and it can only be found in a relationship with Jesus!
It is something that the world does not have to give you – Oh, the world can offer you wealth, maybe even fame, and lots of other stuff, but 'peace of mind' is a gift that only comes straight from the heart of God. It is a gift.
I remember the night I had my heart attack like it was yesterday!
When the pain hit me I immediately knew I was having a heart attack; the pain was excruciating! As I laid on the bed before going unconscious my thoughts went to Kathy and my kids, would they be okay without me, that was my prayer?
I can remember that a peace came over me, a peace that I cannot explain, but in those moments I knew that it was okay to die. I knew I was dying, but in those quick moments God gave me 'peace of mind and heart'.
I don't think anyone can understand what I just tried to explain unless you have been there.
When the doctors shared with Kathy that the prospects of me surviving were less than 5% (actually less than 5% of surviving from the operating room up to intensive care) Kathy had to give me up to the Lord. She too experienced this 'peace of mind and heart' that only comes through a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Maybe you are going through a terrifying experience right now – don't go through it alone. Jesus Christ wants to be your Savior and your Lord and your Peace! … Trust Him!
John 16:33
I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”
Romans 15:13
I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Philippians 4:6-7
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Application
I will continue to share with people about Jesus and the peace that comes through Him.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that peace of mind and heart cannot be found anywhere else but in You. You are my Peace. Thank You for allowing me the opportunity to know You personally and the opportunity of experiencing Your Peace, which exceeds anything that I can understand. I pray for those who are facing life threatening illnesses right now. Give them and their loved ones Your Peace!
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 10,11,12; John 14



No comments: