Monday, August 27, 2018

My Heart Has Heard You Say, “Come And Talk With Me.” And My Heart Responds, “Lord, I Am Coming.”


My Heart Has Heard You Say,
Come And Talk With Me.”
And My Heart Responds, “Lord, I Am Coming.”
Scripture
Psalm 27
8 My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.”
    And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.”
Observation
What was the secret of King David's life?
The answer is pretty evident when you read what he penned in the book of Psalms. I love reading the Psalms and most of them were written by David. There are not many days that go by that I don't at least read one Psalm and today I read four!
David was a man after God's own heart. David didn't say that about himself, no, that is what God said about His servant David. Oh, if God could just say that about me!
As I read the Psalms I sense an intimacy between King David and God that I desire for my own life. How about you?
This morning I read in Psalm 57:7, “My heart is confident in you, O God; my heart is confident. No wonder I can sing your praises!” And listen to how David ends Psalm 27, “Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.”
I know that your Mondays are probably pretty hectic, especially at this time of the year, but let's make time to quiet ourselves so we can hear God's voice say, “Come and talk with me.”
And when we hear His voice may our hearts respond just like King David's did, “Lord, I am coming.”
May this be the secret of our lives too!
Application
I will spend time talking with God this week. I will listen for Him to say, “Come and talk with me.” And I will say, “Lord, I am coming.”
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to always be ready to respond to You when You want to talk with me. Give me a heart that hears Your voice. Give me a willing heart to obey what You say. Lead me along the right path and show me how to live my life in a way that pleases You.

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 52; Revelation 1; Psalms 143,144; … I added: Psalm 27, Psalm 57; Proverbs 27



No comments: