Thursday, August 30, 2018

Seventy Years Are Given To Us! Some Even Live To Eighty.


Seventy Years Are Given To Us!
Some
Even Live To Eighty.
Scripture
Psalm 90
10 Seventy years are given to us!
Some even live to eighty.
But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble;
soon they disappear, and we fly away.
12 Teach us to realize the brevity of life,
so that we may grow in wisdom.
Observation
Life is short! This Psalm of Moses says that we are like the grass that springs up in the morning and is dry and withered by evening.
I can identify with this Psalm! Yes, life is very short!
Every day as I pray for those that are very sick I am reminded that life is fragile and life is very short.
You and I need to take advantage of “today”.
Even if you and I were to reach 90 or 100 years of age our lives would still seem to be very short! You have children, you blink your eyes, and you find that your children are all grown up and they are having their own children, they are raising their own families.
Where does time go? It flies by so quickly!
I will say it again … You and I need to take advantage of “today”.
The important things in life are not things at all, they are the people that surround us, not anything else!
Lord, teach me to realize the brevity of my life …
Application
I will invest my life in the people around me while I still have time to do it!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You know very well that I am getting closer and closer to Heaven all the time. My time on this earth is getting shorter and shorter. Teach me to realize the brevity of my life, so that I may grow in wisdom and not waste my time on stuff that does not matter to You.
Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 8,9,10,11; Revelation 4; I added: Psalm 90;



No comments: