Monday, August 13, 2018

For Apart From Me You Can Do Nothing


For Apart From Me
You
Can Do Nothing
Scripture
John 15
5 “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.
6 Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned.
7 But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! 
8 When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father.
Observation
It breaks my heart when people I love live their lives like God does not exist! Does it bother you?
If you are a committed follower of Jesus Christ then I think you understand what I mean. A life that is not connected to Christ can be summed up with a big fat '0'!
Everything that you and I can see, and everything that is real but that goes unseen by us (the spiritual world) all of it, was all created by the Lord Jesus Christ.
Jesus uses the illustration of the grape vine and its branches in John 15 to show us how important it is to be connected to Him.
So you and I have a choice; we can put our faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and live lives that will be be very productive and fruitful, or we can reject Christ and at the end of our lives … we will have accomplished '0', nothing!
I am sure that you noticed that there is a promise in these verses for both the committed follower of Christ and for the person that lives his or her life like God does not exist.
I don't claim to be real smart, but Eddy is smart enough to know which life I would rather live. How about you? Smart or Stupid, the choice is ours to make!
Application
I will strive to be close to the Vine, close to Jesus. How about you?
Smart or Stupid?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, open our eyes to spiritual things. Show all of us how important it is to live our lives close to You. I pray for any person that may read this blog today. Give them spiritual understanding. Show them how important it is to live as a committed follower of Christ. Open up his or her spiritual eyes.
I pray for the sick today. And I pray for those who are taking care of loved ones who are sick or who are elderly and that can no longer take care of themselves. Give them Your strength.
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 13,14,15; John 15



No comments: