Friday, August 10, 2018

Stop At The Crossroads And Look Around. Ask For The Old, Godly Way, And Walk In It. Travel Its Path, And You Will Find Rest For Your Souls.


Stop At The Crossroads And Look Around.
Ask For The Old, Godly Way, And Walk In It.
Travel Its Path, And You Will Find Rest For Your Souls.
Scripture
Jeremiah 6
16 This is what the Lord says:
“Stop at the crossroads and look around.
    Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it.
Travel its path, and you will find rest for your souls.
    But you reply, ‘No, that’s not the road we want!’
Observation
I talk to people all the time that used to go to church when they were growing up, but now that they are older they have quit attending. Maybe you would fall into that group of people!
I grew up in a home where my Mom and my Dad never took us to church. At least not one time that I can remember!
But my Granny took me to church. I can remember walking to church with her when I was little guy. And I know that it was because of the influence of my Granny that I now have a personal relationship with Jesus!
Our present day America seems, at least seems to me, to be a lot like what Jeremiah faced when he prophesied against the sins of Judah.
So maybe this ungodly world has drawn you away from the “old, godly way” and hopefully now is the time for you to return and walk the right path. If you do - you will find rest for your soul.
So stop right now… look around … maybe you are at the crossroads … think about God's call on your life … then … ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it!
Don't be stupid and say, “No, that's not the road I want!”
Application
I will never give up telling people about the “old, godly way” that I learned from my Granny!
How about you?
Are you at the “crossroads”?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me a godly grandmother. Thank You for bringing other people into my life that also pointed me to Jesus. Thank You for helping me to see the Truth about Jesus. You gave me the faith to believe. Help anyone who may be reading this blog. Help them to believe. Help them to choose the right path, the right road, for his or her life.
I also pray for the sick today. I pray for healing. Give them Your strength. Show them Your power.
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 5,6; John 12



No comments: