Monday, June 24, 2019

After All, We Brought Nothing With Us When We Came Into The World, And We Can't Take Anything With Us When We Leave It.



After All,
We Brought Nothing With Us When We Came Into The World,
And We Can't Take Anything With Us When We Leave It.
Scripture
1 Timothy 6
6 Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth.

7 After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it.

8 So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.

9 But people who long to be rich fall into temptation and are trapped by many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction.
10 For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.
Observation
The truly wealthy in this world is not the millionaires and billionaires.
The truly wealthy are described in 1 Timothy 6:6. So let me ask you this question, “Do you consider yourself to be wealthy?”
We live in a culture that by design stirs up discontent. We are bombarded with messages constantly trying to get us to buy something else.
Storage units are being built all over our city and probably all over the country just to store all the stuff that we thought we had to have.
I don't need to tell you that we don't need the biggest, the newest, the fastest, or the prettiest anything to make us happy or content.
The newest is only new for a day, shiny things quickly lose their shine.
None of the stuff that we can acquire will bring us contentment. So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.
Application
I will focus my attention on my relationship with my Heavenly Father.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, don't let me focus on the wrong things today. Help me to keep my eyes on You. Help me to be content with what I have. I am blessed. Because You are my Shepherd I have everything that I need. Help me to be content.
I pray for any person reading this blog today. Don't let them get sidetracked with things that are not the most important. Help them to keep You as the Number One priority of his or her life. Show them that they can trust You to meet every one of their needs. Help them to live godly lives. Help them to be content.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 11,12; 2 Chronicles 24; 1 Timothy 6



No comments: