Thursday, June 27, 2019

All Scripture Is Inspired By God And Is Useful To Teach Us What Is True And To Make Us Realize What Is Wrong In Our Lives.


All Scripture Is Inspired By God
And Is Useful To Teach Us What Is True
And To Make Us Realize What Is Wrong In Our Lives.
Scripture
2 Timothy 3
16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.
Observation
The Bible also says that the Word of God is like a mirror, “For if you listen to the word and don’t obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like.” James 1:23-24
I have these two quotes written down in my Bible, “This Book will keep you from sin and sin will keep you from this Book.” ... “The Word – you read it, then it reads you!”
God's Word is a light to guide me, “Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.” Psalm 119:105
God's Word brings healing! “My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. Don’t lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body. Proverbs 4:20-22
The Word of God is powerful and alive! It will cut and penetrate like a two edge sword.
For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.” Hebrews 4:12.
Application
I will read God's Word every day.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, don't let me neglect time in Your Word every day. Don't ever let me get that busy or that distracted. Keep me away from stupid sins that will keep me away from spending time with You.
I pray for those who are having surgery and for those who are recovery from surgery. I pray for healing and a quick recovery. I pray for Kathy Huffman as she has gall bladder surgery today. Guide the surgeon's hands.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 13,14; 2 Chronicles 25; 2 Timothy 3



No comments: