Saturday, June 29, 2019

Bend Down, O Lord, And Hear My Prayer; Answer Me, For I Need Your Help.


Bend Down, O Lord, And Hear My Prayer;
Answer Me,
For I Need Your Help.
Scripture
Psalm 86
1 Bend down, O Lord, and hear my prayer;
    answer me, for I need your help.

2 Protect me, for I am devoted to you.
    Save me, for I serve you and trust you.
    You are my God.

3 Be merciful to me, O Lord,
    for I am calling on you constantly.

4 Give me happiness, O Lord,
    for I give myself to you.

5 O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive,
    so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help.

6 Listen closely to my prayer, O Lord;
    hear my urgent cry.

7 I will call to you whenever I’m in trouble,
    and you will answer me.
Observation
Boy, King David knew how to pray!
This prayer of David's can be a model prayer for us. He prayed with such confidence. The key to his confidence I think is found in verse two of this Psalm, “Protect me, for I am devoted to you. Save me, for I serve you and trust you. You are my God.”
If you and I will devote ourselves to the Lord and put Him first in our lives and serve Him then we can pray with confidence just like David did in Psalm 86!
Do we want to see things change in our life? Do we want God to answer our prayers?
Then let's put God first!
Application
I always want God to have first place in my life.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, there are so many things that compete for first place in our lives. Don't let me settle for anything less than You. This world and everything in it is attractive and it tries to pull me away from You. Don't let me give in to temptation. Help me stay away from sin.

I pray for any person reading this blog today. Give them the strength to put You first. Give them the strength to say, No, to sin and say, Yes, to You.

Daily Bible Reading: Amos 4,5,6; Psalms 86,87; Titus 1



No comments: