Tuesday, June 11, 2019

And I Am Certain That God, Who Began The Good Work Within You, Will Continue His Work Until It is Finally Finished On The Day When Christ Jesus Returns.


And I Am Certain That God, Who Began The Good Work Within You,
Will Continue His Work Until It is Finally Finished
On The Day When Christ Jesus Returns.
Scripture
Philippians 1
3 Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God.
4 Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy, 5 for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now. 
6 And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.
Observation
You and I are work in progress. We have not arrived. So when you pray for me and my rough edges and I pray for you and your rough edges, we can be sure of this, that one day we will finally be made perfect … on the day that Christ Jesus returns.
So in the meantime, let's continue to pray for each other!
This passage gives me a lot of hope for the people in my life who I am praying for, some of them I have been praying for, for a very long time. God is at work in their lives. One day that they will turn and begin to live for Him.
They are a work in progress just like I am.
Application
I will continue to pray for people that God places on my heart. I will not give up on them.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be more concerned about a person's soul than I am about their behavior. Remind me often that I too am a sinner just like they are. Help me to pray for them and never give up. I pray that those close to me will soon turn and put You first in their lives. They are missing so much.
I pray for my friends who are sick. Heal them, Lord. I pray for those who are waiting for test results. Give them strength. Show them that they can trust in You during this uncertain time in their life.
Daily Bible Reading: Song of Solomon 5,6,7,8; Philippians 1



No comments: