Sunday, June 09, 2019

So Again I Say, Each Man Must Love His Wife As He Loves Himself, And The Wife Must Respect Her Husband.


So Again I Say, Each Man Must Love His Wife
As He Loves Himself,
And The Wife Must Respect Her Husband.
Scripture
Ephesians 5
33 So again I say, each man must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
Observation
Love and respect, both are necessary for a great marriage! I am fortunate to have a wife that treats me with respect. Even when there are days when I don't deserve it she gives me the gift of respect. Just as love is a gift, so is respect.
When a woman disrespects her husband because she feels unloved then he loves her less because he feels disrespected – the couple is caught in a vicious cycle that somebody needs to break.
So husband love your wife as Christ loved the church. And remember how much He loved the church - He gave His life for her.
Wives respect your husband – whether he deserves it at the moment or not.
Application

I choose to love my wife as Christ loved the church.
How about you? Are you doing your part?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, when I see how other women treat their husbands it makes me appreciate my wife even more. I don't know how some guys put up with all the nagging and complaining. And I am sure that the same could be said for wives that don't feel loved by their husbands.
I pray for couples who are caught in the vicious cycle of feeling unloved and disrespected. Help them break out of that cycle. Show them how to love and how to show respect to each other.
Daily Bible Reading: Ecclesiastes 10,11,12; Psalms 94; Ephesians 5



No comments: