Monday, June 17, 2019

Make Allowance For Each Other's Faults ...


Make
Allowance
For Each Other's Faults ...
Scripture
Colossians 3
5 So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.
You used to do these things when your life was still part of this world. 

But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language. 

Don’t lie to each other, for you have stripped off your old sinful nature and all its wicked deeds. 

12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. 

13 Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. 

14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. 

15 And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.

16 Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives.
Observation
In a relationship it is the differences between a couple that attracts and draws a couple together, but as I have watched over and over again it is also those differences that drive a couple apart!
Why can't you get along? Why can't you make your relationship work?
I think the answer can be found in Colossians 3:5-16.
What is our big problem? Why is it so hard to live with someone?
The short answer is this: You and I are sinners and the person who we have committed to living with for the rest of our life is also a sinner.
Plus, Satan doesn't want you happily married and he will do everything in his power to rip you and your spouse apart. Your spouse is not your enemy. You have an enemy. His name is Satan.
Let's not give our enemy, Satan, ammunition.
Tell your spouse: I am a sinner. I am sorry. I love you. Will you forgive me?
Colossians 3
12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. 

13 Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. 

14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. 
Application
Today is Kathy's birthday! It is her day. We will celebrate!
How about you? What will you do special for your spouse or significant other today?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is so easy to blame our partner for our fusses and disagreements. It is so easy for me to see the flaws in someone else when I am totally unable to see my own. Help me, Lord. Show me each and every time I mess up. Convict me when I sin. Don't let me blame other people when I am the problem.
Help me to live out Colossians 3:16-17 “Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.”
I pray today for Kathy on her birthday. May Your face shine brightly on her. Continue to use her in the lives of my children, grandchildren, and so many others. Thank You for giving me such a wonderful wife and best friend. You are so good.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 20,21; 2 Chronicles 17; Colossians 3
> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.



No comments: