Sunday, June 30, 2019

Here Is The Ocean, Vast And Wide, Teeming With Life Of Every Kind, Both Large And Small.


Here Is The Ocean, Vast And Wide,
Teeming With Life Of Every Kind,
Both Large And Small.
Scripture
Psalm 104
24 O Lord, what a variety of things you have made!
    In wisdom you have made them all.
    The earth is full of your creatures.

25 Here is the ocean, vast and wide,
    teeming with life of every kind,
    both large and small.

26 See the ships sailing along,
    and Leviathan, which you made to play in the sea.
Observation
Just in case you don't know who 'Walter' is – he is the monster fish that I try to catch in my kayak out in the Gulf of Mexico each summer while out here at the beach. He eludes me each year … but this is a new year!
Kathy and I just finished a two-mile walk on the beach! And I agree with the Psalmist when he says, “It is beautiful! O Lord, what a variety of things you have made! … Here is the ocean, vast and wide, teeming with life of every kind, both large (Walter) and small (what I usually catch).”
I have noticed that when people come to the beach they either are drawn closer to the Lord because of all of the wonder of creation or they act out by partying and drinking. I hope that when you have the opportunity to spend time out at the beach it draws you closer to your Creator.
I have unfortunately done both in my life.
Sadly, I remember times before I gave my life to Christ that I embarrassed myself, Kathy, and her family by drinking alcohol and acting out while out here at the beach. I am so glad that those days are behind me!
Yet, I realize that I am still a sinner saved by God's grace.
Application
I will enjoy God's creation and I will enjoy my family this week while we are out here at the beach!
How about you? Will you take time to enjoy your family and all that God has created!
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for creating the oceans and the mountains for us to enjoy! O Lord, what a variety of things you have made! Thank You for giving us a family to enjoy too! You are so good.
Daily Bible Reading: Amos 7,8,9; Psalms 104; Titus 2



No comments: