Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Live Wisely Among Those Who Are Not Believers, And Make The Most Of Every Opportunity.


Live Wisely
Among Those Who Are Not Believers,
And Make The Most Of Every Opportunity.
Scripture
Colossians 4
5 Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. 
6 Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.
Observation

What we say and how we say it does matter, especially when it comes to how we act when we are around non-believers.

You and I have the opportunity to be salt and light, a real influence, but in order for that to happen, we need to carefully think about how we live.

I have just started reading the book, “MARRIAGE AFTER GOD Chasing Boldly After God's Purpose for Your Life Together”, and in one of the chapters the authors, Aaron and Jennifer Smith, asked this question, “Am I the man that I am encouraging other men to be?”

Am I? Are you?
Application
I will look for opportunities to share my faith.
I will also think about my life and look for things that need to change to make me a more effective witness for Christ.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to be a more effective witness for You. Show me every 'thing' in my life that needs to change to make me more like Jesus. Bring people into my life who I can encourage in their journey of faith. Don't let me be a stumbling block to anyone.
I pray today for my friends, Doug and Julia, as they grieve the death of Julia's Dad. You are the God of all comfort and all compassion. Help them and also help Julia's Mom and Julia's brother Phil as they go through this time of grief and loss.
I pray for my friend Don who is facing surgery tomorrow. Guide the surgeon's hands. Take care of every detail of Don's life. Give him and his wife Edith a supernatural peace that only comes with trusting in You.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 18,19; Colossians 4



No comments: