Wednesday, June 26, 2019

But Jonah Got Up And Went In The Opposite Direction To Get Away From The Lord.


But Jonah Got Up
And Went In The Opposite Direction
To Get Away From The Lord.
Scripture
Jonah 1
1 The Lord gave this message to Jonah son of Amittai:
2 “Get up and go to the great city of Nineveh. Announce my judgment against it because I have seen how wicked its people are.”
3 But Jonah got up and went in the opposite direction to get away from the Lord. He went down to the port of Joppa, where he found a ship leaving for Tarshish. He bought a ticket and went on board, hoping to escape from the Lord by sailing to Tarshish.
Observation

Are you, like the Prophet Jonah, going in the wrong direction?

I am greatly encouraged when I hear stories about people who have decided to stop running from God and have made the decision to live for Him.

I still have people close to me who are trying to live their lives like God doesn't exist. And I might add that it is not working out very well for them. But I know that God is constantly at work in their lives and He is in hot pursuit of them.

Oh yes, God is pursuing each and every one of us. He loves us. He wants to bless us. He wants us to trust and depend on Him.

Obedience and Blessing go hand in hand … so if you want things to change in your life … live a life of obedience!

Matthew 7:28
But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand.
Romans 6:16
Don’t you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living.
Ephesians 2:2
You used to live in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil—the commander of the powers in the unseen world. He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God.
Application
I know God loves me. I know that He wants me to live a life of obedience.
How about you?
Luke 11:28
Jesus replied, “But even more blessed are all who hear the word of God and put it into practice.”
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am so ready to see a change in the lives of some of the people that are close to me. I am tired of seeing them miss out on all the wonderful things that they could be experiencing. Oh, if they would just turn their lives in Your direction. Lord, open up their spiritual eyes. Help them to walk in obedience. None of us deserve Your love. None of us deserve Your mercy. Work in their hearts so they can also receive what they do not deserve.
Daily Bible Reading: Jonah 1,2,3,4; 2 Timothy 2



No comments: