Monday, June 10, 2019

You Are Beautiful, My Darling, Beautiful Beyond Words.


You Are Beautiful,
My Darling,
Beautiful Beyond Words.
Scripture
Song of Solomon 4
1 You are beautiful, my darling,
    beautiful beyond words.
Your eyes are like doves
    behind your veil.
Your hair falls in waves, ...
7 You are altogether beautiful, my darling,
    beautiful in every way.
You have captured my heart,
    my treasure,  my bride.
You hold it hostage with one glance of your eyes,
    with a single jewel of your necklace.
10 Your love delights me,
    my treasure, my bride.
Your love is better than wine,
    your perfume more fragrant than spices.
11 Your lips are as sweet as nectar, my bride.
    Honey and milk are under your tongue.
Your clothes are scented
    like the cedars of Lebanon.
12 You are my private garden, my treasure, my bride,
    a secluded spring, a hidden fountain.
13 Your thighs shelter a paradise of pomegranates
    with rare spices—
henna with nard,
14     nard and saffron,
    fragrant calamus and cinnamon,
with all the trees of frankincense, myrrh, and aloes,
    and every other lovely spice.
15 You are a garden fountain,
    a well of fresh water
    streaming down from Lebanon’s mountains.
Observation
Song of Solomon, it wasn't me making that up in case you were wondering! It comes straight out of the Word of God.
And my wife Kathy is all that Solomon says about his lover and then some!
Here is my personalized version of part of Solomon 4:
Kathy is beautiful, my darling, beautiful beyond words. Her eyes are like doves.
Kathy is all together beautiful. She is beautiful in every way. She has captured my heart (over 50 years ago). She is my treasure, my bride. She still holds me hostage with one glance of her eyes.
Will she read this? I don't know. I hope she does.
Come on guys, brag on your wife -


Application
I will continue to enjoy the wife of my youth!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me such a great wife. I am blessed. She is as close to being a Proverbs 31 woman as any woman could ever get. Help her to be all that You want her to be. Thank You for giving her such spiritual discernment and faith. She encourages me every day. Continue to help her as she serves You, especially with the women in our church and with our children and our grandchildren. Give her wisdom and strength and good health.
Daily Bible Reading: Song of Solomon 1,2,3,4; Ephesians 6



No comments: