Saturday, June 22, 2019

Be An Example To All Believers In What You Say, In The Way You Live, In Your Love, Your Faith, And Your Purity.


Be An Example To All Believers
In What You Say, In The Way You Live,
In Your Love, Your Faith, And Your Purity.
Scripture
1 Timothy 4
Do not waste time arguing over godless ideas and old wives’ tales. Instead, train yourself to be godly.

“Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.” 

This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it. 

10 This is why we work hard and continue to struggle, for our hope is in the living God, who is the Savior of all people and particularly of all believers.

11 Teach these things and insist that everyone learn them. 
12 Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.
Observation

The Apostle Paul's words to young Timothy are good words for me!
Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better!” “Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.”
So even though I am pretty sure that getting up and getting 10,000 steps in a day is important for me, taking the time to open up God's Word, to read it and spend time alone with God is way more important!”
Maybe you and I could cut down on the time we spend on Facebook and take that extra time to spend a few minutes in God's Word!
Application
I will read and spend time in God's Word every day.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to not neglect time alone with You every single day. Give me an even greater love for Your Word. Show me things in Your Word that You don't want me to miss. Show me new things each time I open up the Bible. Don't let my love for You to grow cold.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 8,9; 2 Chronicles 21; 1 Timothy 4



No comments: