Sunday, June 16, 2019

And Now, Just As You Accepted Christ Jesus As Your Lord, You Must Continue To Follow Him.


And Now, Just As You Accepted Christ Jesus As Your Lord,
You Must
Continue To Follow Him.
Scripture
Colossians 2
6 And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. 
7 Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.
9 For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body.
10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority.
Observation
Salvation is a one-time event, but Lordship is a daily choice that you and I must make every morning. It is so easy to let the things of this world get us sidetracked. Satan does not want you in church growing spiritually every day.
He knows how to get us sidetracked. He knows how to keep you from growing spiritually. He is good at laying distractions in our way.
Maybe you were growing spiritually and were very active in church, but lately one thing or another has kept you from attending church. Maybe your love for the Lord and your desire for the things of God has grown cold because of one reason or another.
If that is the case then let me suggest that you do what you already know that you need to do.
Church starts in a few minutes. Get dressed and get yourself to church.
Ask God to rekindle that fire that you used to feel for Him. You accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, now you must continue to follow him.
Let's get moving …
And Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's out there!
Application
The best thing that I can do for my kids, my grandkids, and my wife is to keep my relationship with Jesus Christ as my number one priority.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, don't let me get sidetracked. I don't want my relationship with You to grow cold. Keep me away from stupid sins. Don't let the evil one has his way in my life.
I pray for my children and my grandchildren. Help them grow in their relationship with You. I want them to experience all of the good things that You have for them.
I pray for any Dad that might be reading this blog. Help him finish well. Help him to be the man of God that You want him to be. Give him strength and give him the desire to keep You first in his life. Bless him, Lord.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 17,18,19; Colossians 2



No comments: