Sunday, June 23, 2019


Listen To Your Father,
Who Gave You Life,
And Don't Despise Your Mother When She Is Old.
I now realize and understand that it was because my Dad wasn't a Christian that he just didn't know how to love his wife or his kids like God intended for a Dad to love his family. I have forgiven him a long time ago for his lack of love.
Scripture
Proverbs 23
22 Listen to your father, who gave you life,
    and don’t despise your mother when she is old.
23 Get the truth and never sell it;
    also get wisdom, discipline, and good judgment.
24 The father of godly children has cause for joy.
    What a pleasure to have children who are wise.
25 So give your father and mother joy!
    May she who gave you birth be happy.
Observation
My Dad, even though he mistreated my Mom, and didn't know how to really love us, kids, he did teach me some very important things about life. My Dad worked hard and didn't back away from a challenge.
I have good memories of fishing with my Dad when I was very young in elementary school.
It was when my three siblings and I got older that my Mom and my Dad started having serious problems.
I now realize and understand that it was because my Dad wasn't a Christian that he just didn't know how to love his wife or his kids like God intended for a Dad to love his family.
I have forgiven him a long time ago for his lack of love.
So I now have 5 great kids and 15 wonderful grandchildren. It is my prayer they live out Proverbs 23:22-25.
I hope that each one of them realizes that even though Mom and Dad are far from perfect, that we love each one of them very much.
Application
I will try to live my life close to the Lord so that my children and my grandchildren can see Jesus in me.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, give me the capacity to love people, especially my family, with Your Agape love. Don't let me be a stumbling block that would keep them from a relationship with You. I pray for their salvation. May each one of them fall in love with You.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 10; 2 Chronicles 22,23; 1 Timothy 5; I added: Psalm 23, Psalm 93; Proverbs 23



No comments: