Friday, June 14, 2019

Don't Worry About Anything; Instead, Pray About Everything. Tell God What You Need, And Thank Him For All He Has Done.


Don't Worry About Anything; Instead, Pray About Everything.
Tell God What You Need,
And Thank Him For All He Has Done.
Scripture
Philippians 4
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 

7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing.
Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
Observation

I am guilty. I am guilty of sharing these verses with people probably more than any other passage in the Bible.

If you are a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ putting these three verses into practice would solve many of your problems. So why not memorize them so God's Holy Spirit can bring them to your mind the next time worry takes over.

All of us have plenty of things that can cause us to be worried and stressed out … For example – our kids, our grandkids, our finances, our health, our future, our relationships, our job or no job, etc., but worrying about all of those things does us absolutely no good.

In fact, the only thing that worrying about those things will do is to make us sick.

Philippians 4:6-7 is the best solution for how to deal with all of life's stressful situations.

Is your heart broken over the bad behavior of one of your grown children?

Pray for them! Ask God to deal with them!

Application
Every time I catch myself worrying about something I will stop worrying and start praying.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that all of these problems that come into my life are useful if they cause me to look up to You for help and cause me to pray. Don't let me waste my time worrying about something. I know that when I worry it is actually a lack of faith. It means that I am not trusting in You. Help me to trust You with everything that is happening in my life.
I pray for any person reading this blog today. Help them to put Philippians 4:6-8 into practice today. Help them not to worry. Show them that they can trust in You to handle whatever is going on in their life.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 15; 2 Chronicles 13,14; Philippians 4



No comments: