Tuesday, June 04, 2019

I Prayed To The Lord And He Answered Me.


I Prayed To The Lord
And
He Answered Me.
Scripture
Psalm 34
4 I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me.
    He freed me from all my fears.

5 Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy;
    no shadow of shame will darken their faces.

6 In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened;
    he saved me from all my troubles.

7 For the angel of the Lord is a guard;
    he surrounds and defends all who fear him.
18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted;
    he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.
Observation
We live out every single day with uncertainty. Since you and I are not God we don't know what our future holds.
Oh my goodness, I don't know how people survive without a relationship with the Lord.
For me, even though I don't know the future, and even though my tomorrow is filled with uncertainty just like yours, I personally know the One who holds and controls my future ... Do you?
God has given me Psalm 34 and so many other Bible passages just like it to reassure me that He is taking care of me. Those passages are for you too!
Psalm 34:17
17 The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help.
    He rescues them from all their troubles.
Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
Psalm 46:1-3
1 God is our refuge and strength,
    always ready to help in times of trouble.
2 So we will not fear when earthquakes come
    and the mountains crumble into the sea.
3 Let the oceans roar and foam.
    Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!
Psalm 56:9
My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help. This I know: God is on my side!
Romans 8:31-32
31 What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? 32 Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else?

Application

I will trust the Lord. My future is in His Hands.

How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, do not let me be afraid of tomorrow. Thank You for all of Your promises letting me know that You are going to take care of me and Kathy. It is so easy to be afraid of the unknown. Every day we face new challenges that cause us to turn to You for help. You are my refuge and strength. You are always ready to help me in times of trouble. I know that You are on my side. You are enough.
Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 28,29; Psalms 60; Romans 16; I added: Psalm 4, Psalm 34



No comments: