Friday, June 21, 2019

Do Not Be Afraid! Don't Be Discouraged By This Mighty Army, For The Battle Is Not Yours, But God's.


Do Not Be Afraid!
Don't Be Discouraged By This Mighty Army,
For The Battle Is Not Yours, But God's.
Scripture
2 Chronicles 20
12 O our God, won’t you stop them? We are powerless against this mighty army that is about to attack us. We do not know what to do, but we are looking to you for help.”
13 As all the men of Judah stood before the Lord with their little ones, wives, and children, 14 the Spirit of the Lord came upon one of the men standing there. His name was Jahaziel son of Zechariah, son of Benaiah, son of Jeiel, son of Mattaniah, a Levite who was a descendant of Asaph.
15 He said, “Listen, all you people of Judah and Jerusalem! Listen, King Jehoshaphat! This is what the Lord says: Do not be afraid! Don’t be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God’s. 
16 Tomorrow, march out against them. You will find them coming up through the ascent of Ziz at the end of the valley that opens into the wilderness of Jeruel. 
17 But you will not even need to fight. Take your positions; then stand still and watch the Lord’s victory. He is with you, O people of Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid or discouraged. Go out against them tomorrow, for the Lord is with you!”
Observation
I love to read these amazing stories found in 2 Kings and 2 Chronicles! God has those stories recorded in the Bible for a reason. They are to show me that He is able to take care of me. He will fight my battles when I put my trust and my faith in Him.
He will also fight your battles if you go to Him and ask Him for His help.
So let's admit to God that we are powerless to handle the situation. Let's go to Him for help. Let's let God fight our battles!
What battle are you facing today?
Take time to take it to the Lord in prayer and ask Him for His help, for the Lord is with you!
Application
I will trust the Lord to fight for me today.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I need Your help today. Give me strength. Show me that I can depend on You to fight my battles.
I pray for any person reading this blog today. Help them to slow down and take time to read Your Word today. Show them that they can trust You with whatever is going on in his or her life. I am reminded today that nothing is too hard for You. Impossible, is not in Your vocabulary.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 6,7; 2 Chronicles 20; 1 Timothy 3



No comments: